Ekklesia is pleased to be sponsoring 'Believing: In Good Faith' on Saturday 30th October 2010, 10am-4pm at Wellington College, Crowthorne, Berkshire
The day conference is being organised by Affirming Liberalism, An Anglican Network which supports Liberal Christians of All Denominations.
Ekklesia seeks to work with people across the theological spectrum (http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/about/faqs/12).
The day will include two lectures:
Lecture 1. "Good and Bad Religion"
Dr Peter Vardy; Vice Principal of Heythrop College, London University.
Lecture 2. "Can Liberals be Biblical Christians?"
Canon Professor Keith Ward; Regius Professor of Divinity, Emeritus; Oxford University.
Who is the conference for?
• Anyone! Whether Clergy, Lay person, Ordinand, Student, Agnostic, Inquirer…
• Any Church Group! PCC’s, Ministry Teams, House Groups, Confirmation Groups…
Why these topics?
• People can reject ‘good’ faith because of ‘bad’ religion. What constitutes ‘good’ religion? Peter Vardy will speak to the title of his forthcoming book.
• Many believe that liberal Christian faith is not faithful to the Bible. Keith Ward - who has recently published his book ‘The Word of God?’ - tackles this misunderstanding.
Why Peter Vardy and Keith Ward?
• Both are renowned communicators with national and international reputations, having written extensively on these subjects.
Why Wellington College, Berkshire?
• Set in magnificent grounds, the College is easily accessible and has excellent facilities, including comfortable theatre seating for the lectures, a beautiful dining hall and inspiring chapel.
• A short walk (10 minutes) from Crowthorne train station, Berkshire.
• Easy car access from the M3 or M4 and with ample parking in the grounds of the College.
How much does it cost? (Group and Student discounts)
• A minimal charge for a high-quality day conference in magnificent surroundings.
• Just £25 - to include lunch, teas and coffees. NB £17.50 for full-time Students and all Ordinands.
• 10% discount for groups of 5 and over – so why not encourage a group from your church ?
Find out more and book through the Affirming Liberalism website