- News Brief
- Research & Policy
- Culture and Review
- Media Centre
Reach tens of thousands of people instantly by advertising with Ekklesia. Find out more
The ICT4Peace Foundation’s crisis information management wiki on Libya was created six weeks ago and last updated on 5 April 2011. The first resource of its kind on the web when it launched - and still the most comprehensive curated list of resources available on on recent developments in Libya, the wiki features hundreds of data points.
A 'wiki' is a website that allows the easy creation and editing of any number of interlinked web pages via a web browser, using a simplified markup language or a WYSIWYG text editor.
The ICT4Peace resource list includes:
* Background information on Libya and UN operations
* Key UN contacts
* Key situation reports, including from UN OCHA
* A plethora of carefully curated Twitter feeds and other social media updates in English
* Videos, photos and podcasts
* Mainstream media news updates, including streams and content from Al Jazeera, New York Times, BBC, France24 and CNN.
* Discoverable and free GIS / mapping resources
* Google Maps mashups
* Ways to help IDPs and refugees
To coincide with the end of the Standby Volunteer Task Force’s active participation in the live crisis mapping support for Libya, of which the ICT for Peace Foundation was also a part of, the NGO updated the wiki for the final time a week ago.
A full PDF of the material is available here: http://ict4peace.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/2011+Libyan+Uprising.pdfTweet