Quaker Week events for 2011
Quaker Week 2011 takes place from 1-9 October, providing an opportunity to reflect on the theme, 'Making Peace a Way of Life', and to discover more about the convictions and practice of the Religious Society of Friends.
Events around the country include:
* Saturday 1 October 2011: 14:30 - 17:00 Suzanne Ismail, a researcher on Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility report, Banks and Society: rebuilding trust, will speak at Finchley Meeting House on Saturday 1 October at 2.0pm for 2.30pm.
* Saturday 1 October 2011: 9:00 - 12:00 Recycling event - bring things you no longer want and take things others have brought. No money involved. No electrical goods or live animals. Large items, photo and phone number only, please. At Leiston Meeting in Suffolk.
* Thursday 6 October 2011: 7:30 - 9:30 Geoffrey Durham, magician, entertainer and writer, will give a talk on 'Being a Quaker:gifts and challenges of the Quaker way'. At the Guildhall attached to the ecumenical Church of Christ the Cornerstone, Central Milton Keynes (opposite Marks and Spencer). Organised by Milton Keynes Quakers.
* Friday 7 October 2011: 11:00 - 12:00 St Austell Quakers are holding Story Telling and Quiet Time at Lostwithiel Library - the story of Fierce Feathers and quiet reflection- to experience something of Meeting for Worship.
* Friday 7 October 2011: 19:30 A solo performance by Lynn Morris on the life of Elizabeth Horton, a Midlands woman and one of the first Quakers. Organised by Stourbridge Meeting.
* Being a Quaker, by Geoffrey Durham, is published by Quaker Quest ISBN 9780955898327
* Holding faith: Creating peace in a violent world, by David Gee, is published by Quaker Books ISBN 9781907123191
* Counterpower: Making Change Happen, by Tim Gee, is published by New Internationalist ISBN 978-1-78026-032-7
Select the newsletter(s) to which you want to subscribe or unsubscribe.