- News Brief
- Research & Policy
- Culture and Review
- Media Centre
Reach tens of thousands of people instantly by advertising with Ekklesia. Find out more
A reminder that Church Urban Fund and Frontier Youth Trust are running a workshop to inspire and equip churches and faith-based groups in England to support young people struggling with unemployment.
There will be a chance to listen and ask questions with a group of experienced practitioners who are involved a wide range of projects tackling youth unemployment, including personal development programmes, job clubs and social enterprises.
The workshop runs from 10.30am to 4.00pm at Hinde Street Methodist Church, 19 Thayer Street, London W1U 2QJ.
The event is aimed at people who want to do something practical to respond to youth unemployment in their local area, either starting up a new project or building on existing work.
To sign up to this free event, go to: http://tacklingyouthunemployment.eventbrite.com/
* Debbie Garden, Frontier Youth Trust – Young people’s experiences of unemployment
* Graham Ghaleb, MK Christian Foundation – From ideas to action
Interactive breakout sessions led by project leaders include:
* Jo Rice – SPEAR, London (personal development and work experience)
* Jeanette Hewes – Out4Good, Colchester (working with ex-offenders)
* Nick Langton – Grease Monkeys, Shrewsbury (vocational training and life skills)
* Andy Strannock – Monks Hill Estate, Croydon (job club)
* Roger Moore – Gospel Link, Birmingham (mentoring and media and arts project)
* Melanie Glass – Worth Unlimited, Birmingham (social enterprises)
10.30 AM: Registration & tea/coffee
11.00 AM: Welcome
11.10 AM: Young people’s experiences of unemployment – Debbie Garden (Frontier Youth Trust)
11.40 AM: Local action (session A) - 10 minutes each by 3 project leaders
12.20 PM: Small Group Q&A - breakout sessions with local projects
12.50 PM: Lunch
1.40 PM: Local action (session B) - 10 minutes each by 3 project leaders
2.20 PM: Small group Q&A - breakout sessions with local projects
2.50 PM: From ideas to action – Graham Ghaleb (MK Christian Foundation)
3.20 PM: Closing comments
To sign up to this free event, go to: http://tacklingyouthunemployment.eventbrite.com/Tweet