Christians and the referendum in Scotland
A day event is being held at St Ninian's Church, Dundee, on Saturday 22 February 2014, specifically to help Christians reflect on the issues that should be considered before deciding whether to vote Yes or No to the question in the historic September referendum: 'Should Scotland be an independent country?'
Speakers at the day, which will involve discussion groups and end with a plenary, will be Alex Johnstone (MSP for North East Scotland and a member of the Scottish Commission for Public Audit), Simon Barrow (co-director of Ekklesia, a former Assistant General Secretary of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland), Tim Duffy (research and development coordinator of the Catholic Justice and Peace Commission in Scotland) and Robin McAlpine (CEO of Scottish Common Weal and the Jimmy Reid Foundation).
Location: St Ninian’s Episcopal Church, Kingsway East, Dundee, DD4 7RW. Time: 10.00am - 4.30pm.
Reports and comment to follow.
* More on the Scottish independence referendum from Ekklesia: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/scottishindependence
* Simon Barrow: 'Another Scotland, another world: a declaration of radical intent': http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/19517
* Justice and Peace Scotland - http://www.justiceandpeacescotland.org.uk/
* Diocese of Brechin: http://www.thedioceseofbrechin.org/calendar/entry/christians-and-the-ref...
* Common Weal: http://www.allofusfirst.org
* Jimmy Reid Foundation - http://reidfoundation.org
* Alex Johnstone MSP - http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msps/currentmsps/Alex-Johnstone-MSP.aspx
Select the newsletter(s) to which you want to subscribe or unsubscribe.