- News Brief
- Research & Policy
- Culture and Review
- Media Centre
Reach tens of thousands of people instantly by advertising with Ekklesia. Find out more
What is it?
The camp is run by Pax Christi, an International Catholic Movement committed to
peace, reconciliation and nonviolence. Activities will include:
• Practical work in the house, garden and orchard.
• Trips to Florence and Tuscany region including an ‘Art and Peace’ tour.
• Workshops and discussions on nonviolence, conflict resolution, international crime, economic justice, disarmament.
• Exchange and dialogue with the Islamic community in Florence and with a local
cooperative project using land confiscated from the Mafia.
• Music, games and fun and much more!...
Who is it for?
The camp is for young people aged 18-30.
Where will I stay?
You will be staying at the Pax Christi Peace House in the hills near Florence, Italy. The accommodation will be in dormitory style rooms.
How much does it cost?
Only £85 - this includes accommodation, food and all activities, but not travel to and from the camp.
But I don’t speak Italian!
The official language will be English, with Italian and German translation available.
How do I get there?
You need to book your own transport to and from Florence. The city is easily accessible from Pisa International Airport or you can get the overnight train from Paris.
B o o k n o w ! . . . p l a c e s a r e l i m i t e d !
To secure your place please send a cheque for the full amount payable to Pax Christi
to: Pax Christi, St Joseph’s, Watford Way, Hendon, London, NW4 4TY
For more information contact Hilary at the Pax Christi office:
email@example.com - tel. 020 8203 4884
THIS IS NOT AN EKKLESIA EVENT