It’s 100% wrong...
Over the past two decades Britain has become richer – but not any fairer. The UK is the fifth richest country on the planet - yet the gap between rich and poor continues to grow.
- 32% of children in the UK live in poverty - half in working families
- 40% of part-time workers in the UK – mostly women – earn less than £6.50 an hour.
- 43% of all UK adults are worried about their lack of money.
- 66% of the public think asylum seekers should be allowed to work – but they are not.
- 30% of disabled adults live in poverty – double the rate for non-disabled adults.
- 14% of homeless households have been in temporary housing for two years or more.
- 21% of older people in the UK live below the poverty line.
To help generate some creative ideas for engaging people with the Get Fair campaign, Church Action on Poverty are holding a creative campaigning workshop in Manchester on Wednesday 25th June.
This will bring together around 8-12 people for an intensive 2 1/2 hour session, from 1pm - 4pm on Wednesday 25 June, to generate up to half a dozen potential creative and engaging campaign actions.
Lunch and travel expenses are available.
Please identify one person to participate in this workshop - ideally a campaigner/activist of the kind we would want to engage in Get Fair.
Places are available on a first come first served basis - to book yours email Niall on email@example.com
Ekklesia is not organising this event but we fully support its aims. For more information please contact the individuals named above.