Ekklesia is pleased to be sponsoring 'Believing: In Good Faith' on Saturday 30th October 2010, 10am-4pm at Wellington College, Crowthorne, Berkshire
The day conference is being organised by Affirming Liberalism , An Anglican Network which supports Liberal Christians of All Denominations.
Ekklesia seeks to work with people across the theological spectrum (http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/about/faqs/12 ).
The day will include two lectures:
Lecture 1. "Good and Bad Religion"
Dr Peter Vardy; Vice Principal of Heythrop College, London University.
Lecture 2. "Can Liberals be Biblical Christians?"
Canon Professor Keith Ward; Regius Professor of Divinity, Emeritus; Oxford University.
Who is the conference for?
• Anyone! Whether Clergy, Lay person, Ordinand, Student, Agnostic, Inquirer…
• Any Church Group! PCC’s, Ministry Teams, House Groups, Confirmation Groups…
Why these topics?
• People can reject ‘good’ faith because of ‘bad’ religion. What constitutes ‘good’ religion? Peter Vardy will speak to the title of his forthcoming book.
• Many believe that liberal Christian faith is not faithful to the Bible. Keith Ward - who has recently published his book ‘The Word of God?’ - tackles this misunderstanding.
Why Peter Vardy and Keith Ward?
• Both are renowned communicators with national and international reputations, having written extensively on these subjects.
Why Wellington College, Berkshire?
• Set in magnificent grounds, the College is easily accessible and has excellent facilities, including comfortable theatre seating for the lectures, a beautiful dining hall and inspiring chapel.
• A short walk (10 minutes) from Crowthorne train station, Berkshire.
• Easy car access from the M3 or M4 and with ample parking in the grounds of the College.
How much does it cost? (Group and Student discounts)
• A minimal charge for a high-quality day conference in magnificent surroundings.
• Just £25 - to include lunch, teas and coffees. NB £17.50 for full-time Students and all Ordinands.
• 10% discount for groups of 5 and over – so why not encourage a group from your church ?
Find out more and book through the Affirming Liberalism website