- News Brief
- Research & Policy
- Culture and Review
- Media Centre
Reach tens of thousands of people instantly by advertising with Ekklesia. Find out more
Amendments in line with recommendations in the second Commission on Civil Society and Democratic Engagement (CCSDE) report on the government's Transparency in Lobbying, Non-Party Campaigning, and Trade Union Administration Bill have been tabled by Lord Harries, the former Anglican Bishop of Oxford, for debate at Committee Stage in parliament on Monday 16 and Wednesday 18 December 2013.
The Commission, of which Ekklesia is a supporter, is asking peers to support the amendments in the debate. It is unlikely but not impossible that there will be votes at Committee Stage. However, important votes are expected at Report Stage, which is now confirmed for 13 and 15 January 2014.
* The Harries amendments are attached in draft form (Word document): http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/files/ccsde__proposed_amendments.doc
* The second CCSDE report, Consultation and recommendations on Part Two of the Lobbying Bill, on Ekklesia: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/19633
* Background on the Lobbying Bill from Ekklesia: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/lobbyingbill
* Faith groups accuse Lobbying Bill of 'silencing the poor': http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/19644
* Press release: Lobbying Bill unjust and undemocratic, says Christian think-tank: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/19636
* Commission on Civil Society and Democratic Engagement: http://www.civilsocietycommission.infoTweet